Camino del Norte - Spain

 

                                        Camino del Norte - Spain

                                         by Abe Sanoja

You know, for thirty-four days I didn’t know the time or the day of the week. I just knew I woke up, watched the sunrise, ate, drank, danced, laughed, cried, hugged, and kissed. My mind was open and empty free.

I discovered new music. I met beautiful people. I adopted daughters and sons who told me they loved me, and I loved them as my own. I made deep, heartfelt friendships. I broke some hearts, and my heart was broken too.

Now, I have homes to visit in many countries, and I will welcome any one of them into mine. There are moments I lived that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

Life was good. Life was great. And it will only get better.

It helped me understand what I have and what I can have.

Buen Camino.

Sabes, durante treinta y cuatro días no supe la hora ni el día de la semana. Solo sabía que despertaba, veía el amanecer, comía, bebía, bailaba, reía, lloraba, abrazaba y besaba. Mi mente estaba abierta y libre, vacía de cargas.

Descubrí nueva música. Conocí gente maravillosa. Adopté hijas e hijos que me dijeron que me amaban, y yo los amé como propios. Forjé amistades profundas y sinceras. Rompí algunos corazones, y el mío también se rompió.

Ahora tengo hogares que visitar en muchos países, y daré la bienvenida a cualquiera de ellos en el mío. Hay momentos que viví que nunca olvidaré por el resto de mi vida.

La vida fue buena. La vida fue grandiosa. Y solo seguirá mejorando.

Me ayudó a entender lo que tengo y lo que puedo tener.

Buen Camino.

 

 














  


























































Copyright © 2026 Abe Sanoja  All rights reserved.

The writings, photographs, and content shared on this blog are the work of the author and may not be reproduced or distributed without permission, except for brief quotations used in reviews or educational discussion.

Many of the ideas presented here are also part of The Kitties of the Camino Book Series – A Journey of Values, a collection of bilingual stories for children inspired by the spirit of the Camino.

To learn more about the books and follow the journey of the series, please visit the books section of the blog:
The Kitties of the Camino Book Series – A Journey of Values
https://tortuga-hiker-camino.blogspot.com

For permissions, questions, or inquiries regarding the books or the blog, please contact the author at
caminante.abe@gmail.com

Thank you for visiting and for hiking and walking with me . 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camino del Norte & Primitivo & 1/2 Camino de Los Faros

John Muir Trail

Kitties of the Caminos

Kitties of the Camino Book Series .

Antartica

Alaska The last Frontier Trails and Glaciers - McCarthy-Kennicott- Harding Lake - Valdez- Fairbanks

Whispers Beneath the Leaves: Mushrooms of Two Worlds

Peru -Inca Trail